The REACTv sleeve is a true drilling optimization solution delivering multiple features associated with several tools, in a single tool. It will act as one of the following:
- Shock-Sub, by eliminating the frictional losses attributable to static stabilizers when slide drilling with motors.
- Agitator, by rotating the stator rather than the rotor. We also bore the rotor to eliminate or reduce the signal distortion usually associated with agitators when using some mud pulse telemetry MWD systems.
- Active Gage Reamer once circulation is restored. This reduces string torque and drag losses and reduces hole rugosity with the higher rotational speeds incremental to that of the string.
- Cuttings Bed Agitator. Once circulation is initiated the REACTv Sleeve will agitate cuttings and cuttings beds and push them into the mid stream of the circulating mud. This means better hole cleaning. It will also act as a more effective tool when reaming down or up (back-reaming). and should all but eliminate wiper trips and back-reaming activities in most drilling operations.
- Stuck Pipe Mitigation Tool. Where the REACTv Sleeve is run as a trailing stabilizer or where pack-off occurs around the REACTv Sleeve, the localised torque generated is capable of creating a flowpath in the annulus once circulation is initiated. This could lead to significant savings by preventing stuck pipe incidents. This is the first tool designed primarily to reduce, mitigate against and eliminate stuck pipe occurrences.