The GeoproHYDRA™ "S" TYPE is designed specifically for larger OD casing (≥13⅜). The shorter profile makes it lighter than it should have been if designed as "PRO" version. "PRO" versions can also be manufactured for these sizes and with the new GEN2 drive mechanism, PRO versions are possible but the advantages of that will only be to improve cement placement in high angle wells.
- Designed to reduce moving / loose parts ( reduced degree of freedom)
- Cutting structure and nose can be modified to suit a wide range of applications
- Better suited to more competent carbonates than the traditional GeoproHYDRA™ PRO configuration
- The GeoproHYDRA™ S version has the nose rotating and the stabilization blades are static or will move in conjunction with the string motion
- This unit comes with either carbide inserts, PDC cutters or a combination of both cutter structure.
- It is still a low torque, high speed solution but with better reaming capabilities
- String rotation should not initiate back off any part of the tool